Shopping Online Thrift Store Bargains are becoming more and more popular with the growth of Minimalist and Simple Living. The popular book by Marie Kondo “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up” and the decluttering movement are partly responsible for Thrift Stores being stocked with quality donations.
I hear there are popular television shows about Simple Living and Tiny Houses. There are blogs popping up every day dedicated to subjects like Simple Living, Minimalism, Decluttering, and Tiny Houses. This is one of them 😉
Before I decided to begin living a more Simple Life, I would not even consider shopping at a Thrift Store. I would frequent the trendy vintage shops in the East Village of Manhattan and buy whatever was popular at the time but that was it.
What is Old is New Again
With the collapse of the economy in the early 2000s and uncertain economic times on the horizon, many Americans have decided to abandon their consumerist ways. Add the housing collapse and the increased cost of housing extra space has become a premium.
Space for the unnecessary has become costly.
I have been taking advantage of the nation’s space-saving decluttering movement by shopping at my local Thrift Shops. They have well-stocked everything there at great prices. You would be surprised at what you can find. Some things you would pay a premium for are new at the Mall. What is old to one person is new to someone else and they both have value.
It’s a win, win.
I have found with the increase in donations of unwanted treasures to Thrift Shops has caused them more selective. They are more interested in donations that offer value to their stock and can be pickier. That is good for the shopper as they do not have to search for quality items nearly as much as before.
We all have heard of Goodwill and The Salvation Army. Well believe it or not they now offer online shopping. For even more variety you can use your search engine to find online thrift stores in your area. Just do a search for “Thrift Shops”.
You can take a look from the comfort of your home.
Have you ever heard of online auctions other than eBay? They are another great way to save money by shopping online at thrift store bargains. You can even earn money by selling your unwanted items to these online Thrift Stores. Again just use your search engine to find out what is available in your area.
Shopping online for Thrift Store bargains will be worth it.
Why Save Money Shopping Online Thrift Store Bargains
- It is cheaper – You can get quality items very cheaply. Some may be able to buy necessities they would not be able to afford otherwise.
- It is charitable – You don’t always have to be buying. You can donate also. Can even re-donate what you purchased last year. You can donate more than you buy.
- It can be adventurous – Every time you shop it’s different. You never know what you may find. You may find an antique of that thing that just came back in style.
- It will have an impact– Keeps more things from ending up in the landfills prematurely. Less waste is always good for all involved.
- Find quality kids’ clothes – Buy the quality clothes you normally would not because kids will outgrow them. You not only get a great price you can sell it or donate it back to the shop went the kids outgrow them.
- Usually higher quality – The fact that the items are in the Thrift Store is usually a testament to their quality. Anything that is not well made would not stand up to the test of time.
- Helps support the Community – Shop in your community instead of the mall and giant box stores for a change. Even the donations you make to the store would help the less fortunate in the community.
No matter if it is because of the economy, housing space, or bargain hunting, shopping online for thrift store bargains is what we should be doing. Consumerism hurts us all and extra clutter costs us money and just gets in the way of our home life.
Thrift Stores that are local or online serve two great purposes for us and humanity. You can donate, buy and sell all in one place. The Mall and Big Box stores only offer the option to consume and return home with more new crap to stuff into your home. To manage, clean, and store.
There are times you return home from the Thrift Store with less stuff than you left with. It’s great when that can happen. That means less stuff in your closets, garage, or storage units. Give your crap and other people’s crap a second and third life.
Shop, sell and donate at your local or online Thrift Store. Oh yeah! Tell us how you saved money shopping online at Thrift Store bargains.